This report is (co-) sponsored with financial contribution provided by the subject of the report.
- Aquila Group is the second largest player in Romania's FMCG distribution sector. Its business model centres around the distribution, complemented by logistics and transport, providing end-to-end supply chain capabilities to their partners.
- With over 29 years of experience, Aquila has a broad distribution network that spans across 67k sales points, covering 90% of the domestic retail universe. Its portfolio includes top-shelf brands in various product categories: sweets, food, coffee, personal care, baby and hygiene products, pet food, frozen vegetables, and canned food.
- The company has one of Romania's most extensive fleets, consisting of more than 1.6k vehicles and a lean logistics network with 24 facilities. It also offers transport services in 20 countries with a fleet of 112 heavy trucks capable of transporting goods in different temperature conditions.
- In 2021, Aquila extended its operations to the Republic of Moldova, where it provides similar services through the acquisition of Trigor AVD.
- Aquila’s business model showed its resilience through quite stable margins despite the tough pandemic restrictions with low inflation rates, and it also holds up well in the current inflationary environment.
- The company managed to offset the decline in volumes in 2022 through a substantial increase in prices as well as strategy to develop own brands which compensated and pushed the yoy growth of revenues.